Growing up I never had curry! I think the first time I had even tried it was when I moved to away to college and I ended up loving it! Seriously, what I have I been missing out on all these years? Even though I began to love curry, I was still too intimidated to make it. It seemed like one of those things you had to be an expert in for it to actually taste good and I thought it required so many random ingredients. The first time I actually made curry was when I was running out of ingredients, so I just combined everything I had! I was always intimidated about the amount of calories in canned coconut milk, but coconut milk is packed full of healthy fats! This recipe can also be made vegetarian and it will still be delicious and filling!
It was SO flavorful, healthy and unique. I love the kind of meals where the the chef can modify the recipe according to their preferences/ grocery availability. This recipe is a base, but you can add or take away whatever you like and it would still be delicious! Even if you have never had curry, just attempt to make it. You won’t regret it! Serve over warm coconut rice and you will never go back to your non-curry ways!
Simmer veggies in coconut milk/broth base.
1. Defrost chicken breast and Cut Chicken into strips.
2. In a bowl, combine Red Curry paste into the coconut milk . Stir well and until there are no lumps.
3. Heat a pan on medium high heat. Add olive oil oil and cook chicken pieces or about 5-6 minutes or until it is cooked thoroughly. Season with salt and pepper. Set chicken aside.
4. In the same pan, add a tablespoon of oil and saute minced garlic for a minute. Add Onions and saute until the onions become translucent.
5. Add Broccoli and saute for a minute. Then, add carrots and sliced red bell pepper. Add the chicken broth. Mix well and cook the vegetables covered for 3-4 minutes.
5. Remove the lid and add cooked chicken. Mix chicken and veggies well and cover and cook for 2 minutes .
6. Add the coconut/ curry paste mixture to the pot. Let the mixture come to boil. Then turn the lead to low and simmer for 5 more minutes.
7. Add curry powder to taste and mix well. Sprinkle chopped cilantro into the mix and remove from the heat.. Serve over rice.
Bringing healthy, flavorful & fresh meals to your table!